Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Excruciating"

Yes, this is my father.

This year I'd run in to all kinds of fun lobster type gift items and gathered them together to bring to the cottage so every day I presented my father (or my brother or whoever it seemed to fit) with a different present.

This particular evening was the lobster wine charms. Note how he decides to "charm" himself with it. Oh and yes, it wasn't the only time he did that. Every single time someone came to visit, he had to show off his new jewelry. This is the person who raised me. Might explain some things.

So the first day I was at the cottage, I decided to show him the QiGong practice so he would see me run through it one time then I would teach him for the next day. So he sat, right in the same chair he's sitting in this photo, facing me on the picnic table below going through my whole practice (facing the ocean--amazing).

After I've finished, I return to the porch and ask him "So what did you think?".

His response, and I quote:

"That was excruciating to watch".


hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!

He clarified that the movements were so slow (yay for me because I'm supposed to go slow!) that he just kept wanting me to speed up. Interestingly, in the equation of him and me, I'm the fast mover yet I'm totally drawn to this practice and he's totally resistant. Maybe the Universe' way of steering us toward things we need.

He did ask if he could go to yoga class with me this Dec. when he comes out to visit. I think it will be best if someone else teaches him anyway.

We'll just have to see if he shows up with the nose ring.

No comments: