Saturday, September 27, 2008

Party Night!




One of the highlights of my year is the New Times Best of Phoenix party! My friend is the managing editor there and, because I used to write a column for a now defunct magazine (Justice Magazine), she recruited me for the gig of freelancing for New Times and writing some entries for their "Best of Phoenix" issue. I do get paid for my entries BUT the big deal of this score is the tickets to the party! Wooohooo! I was going to be out of town for it this year and my tickets were given away...BUT...as good luck would have it, even though my weekend plans changed at the last minute, I was able to score two last min. tickets! Yeeee hawww! Thank you Amy!

So my good friend Michelle and I are getting all dolled up and headed out tonite. Check out the shoes I just got to wear....um yeah those heels are at least 5 inches (um, wish me luck on the dance floor--eegads). They go with my new black mini dress..ohyeah we will be bringin it on. And Michelle promised me she's going to give me the "smoky eye" makeup we drooled over Charlize Theron on in that Will Smith flick this summer.

I snagged us a room within walking distance of the soiree at the trendy Mondrian Hotel (thank you Priceline where I saved over 100 bucks on this room!) so we can stumble "home" and not worry about who has to be the designated driver. I mean there will be all open bars and free food stands all over this party, as usual. And Michelle and I will be partaking, imbibing and making merry, you BET. I'm so happy I got to stay here and got back in to the groove...and yeah, found the hot little outfit I will be sporting. Here are my shoes:




Hope to return with some good shots of our evening of fun...that's of course if I remember my camera. Doh!

No comments: