Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pink Lemonade




So I had a frustrating week with my computer situation. With my one and only computer system freaking out on me in various ways, I considered the need to have a backup computer that would be more reliable and allow me to use one specifically for work issues and the other for personal business.

Desperately I started a search only to find a "perfect" new laptop at Best Buy and to storm out in a huff 15 min. later after being told this was only "on display" and no inventory was available there or any of the other stores on that great deal (smelled of a bait and switch deal to me).

So I huffed and puffed over to the dreaded (descent to Hell) Fry's Electronics where, sadly, my 3 year service contract resides. After 90 min. of "help" with Mr. "This is my first day in this dept and I'm so sorry this 10 min. job has taken an hour and a half", I left with my "loaner" (one good thing about this hellacious place).

I didn't get far before noticing the pink sticker on the outside of the loaner box. Then, the yellow SALE sticker showing this was an "open box" item therefore $400 less than the retail price, while still being BRAND NEW. WOW!

Well, yeah you get it--this is my new blush pink Sony Vaio laptop!!! If a designer was asked to evaluate my personality/aesthetic, I swear to God this exact laptop would have been designed just for me. The pale pink color, the fonts on the keys, the soft brushed metal of the keypad, etc. etc. I was in love the minute I plugged it in.

I've definitely fallen out of love with my former laptop and all that came/goes with it, but I do find it functional--the perfect electronic device to take to work without worry of it's getting stolen. Ok, yeah that might be a bit extreme.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Katie.. a pink VIAO.
How cool.