Thursday, August 07, 2008

30 Days of QiGong


Just returned from an absolutely life changing 4 day workshop / retreat in the powerful healing art of QiGong with Jeff Primack of Supreme Science QiGong Foundation. This experience was so much more than I ever anticipated, especially with the incredible fee of only $70 for the entire 4 days (wow!). We covered so much ground from some basic QiGong movements/practice to nutrtion to QiGong walking to meditation to breathwork, live music, etc! It was truly life changing for me. I literally felt my health improving in just the 4 days I was there.

One thing that happened was that I commited to practice the Level 1 QiGong form for 30 straight days. That in itself was interesting as I woke up the morning of the last day and told someone on the phone that I had purchased the Level 1 dvd and was intending to try it for 30 straight days. Then got to the workshop and Jeff asked those wishing to further extend the training from the workshop to practice the Level 1 for 30 days!!! Talk about a sign!

So, I drove back yesterday from Tucson where the seminar was held, basically went straight to work so didn't start the practice until I got home.

Jeff is also big on making these wild "smoothies" with a high horsepower blender and having those daily so I am also incorporating this in to my 30 days. I don't have the blender (yet) so am going to make do with the "ultra power" Kitchenaid blender but not be able to include everything..such as the avocado PIT (yes, the PIT) in my smoothies but that's cool for now.

So yesterday picked up alot of ingredients--still looking for the Maca root and goji berries which I may have to order. Spent much of last evening preparing my fruits and veggies in easy bags to be able to pull out in the morning and blend up. I'm very excited to see how my health improves over these 30 days. I'm already feeling pretty good after having recently completed a 14 day fast on the Master Cleanser, dropped about 10 pounds of toxicity from my body. But I'm really really wanting to work on my thryoid problem using some of the things I learned.

So I always figure anything i can do to keep me on target with something that involves willpower I'll do it. Like blogging about these 30 days for one.

Day 2 beginning here. I have a full work day so will be able to do my smoothie and 45 min. forms this morning then see how my energy level changes. Oh and also off wheat, sugar since the fast and well, let's just say limiting my coffee for the moment. I'll see how that desire changes as well...

No comments: