Friday, August 29, 2008

To the Beach!

The Monkeyspoon


My room

The view from my bed


I'm excited to be headed back to my family's summer home in Wells Beach Maine for a week of sunshine, cool nights, stars, lots of cooking and partying with my family and friends and relaxation!

I feel like I have alot to celebrate right now. In the world of abundance, alot of things have recently coalesced in terms of paying my car off (after 6 years of car payments--YAY!), in the same month paying off a big chunk of some old post-9/11 debt I incurred to keep my business afloat. AND...my landlords just this week offered me a new THREE YEAR lease at my office at the SAME RATE I've paid for the last three years. That is unheard of I think. I was shocked! And grateful! I don't know if it's the economic climate or the fact that I've spent several years cultivating a good relationship with them but this is a really huge sigh of relief for me in my business life. It trickles down to a feeling of security for all the other renters who work with me and we can all breathe easy for another three years. What a blessing this week!
Also extremely grateful that my business continues to prosper and everyone working there is doing very very well, happy, supportive of each other and overall a fantastic work environment to be in.

I am also exceedingly grateful for my health improving daily. My Dr. has been instrumental in helping me reactivate my thyroid and pull me out of the slump I was in for a longer period of time than I want to remember. My energy has really come back, I feel more alive and vibrant than I've been in a long long time, exercising, eating really healthy, focusing on some aspect of my health every single day. It really feels good. Many people have been commenting on how healthy and happy I look which makes me feel even better! I'm going to be more healthy at 50 than I was at 40! Kind of exciting!

All this and more I want to celebrate with my family...and all of their accomplishments this year too and of course, just being together again in the most amazing place on Earth.

I intend to keep practicing my QiGong (and yoga) right there on the beach every morning facing the ocean and expanding in to the...expanse... ;) Maybe some seals will come to join me.

My Dad even said he wants to practice it with me! Isn't he a trooper?

Cheers!

I'll bring photos when I return.


1 comment:

Kanani said...

Katie, I've only just discovered your blog. I love the photos and also your attitude --which is both grateful and also shows a nice spirit.