Monday, August 25, 2008

Hummingbird Chi


It's been over a week since I wrote. Been very busy here and have added nearly daily yoga practice with my QiGong. I'm on Day 20 here now and a lot has happened since my last entry in my QiGong life. Not the least of which heading back to Tucson last weekend for a more advanced training with Jeff Primack which was amazing and will document in another entry.

First off, I started going to practice in a park near my house where there is a small lake, trees and grass. A refreshing change in the Arizona landscape for sure. Even in this heat, it remains cool under those trees.

So the first time I went, I explored a little bit and found a tree with some even ground underneath and nice shade and a little away from the walking path and began my practice.

It was so nice to be outside! I went along and then my gaze went up to a branch to the right and I saw a small bird. Actually her (I think it was a she but not sure) sound drew my attention. That percussive chirp that hummingbirds make. So I just noticed her sitting on that branch knowing she'd fly off in a moment. They never sit still for long.

Well, not her. No nest or anything in sight, she sat there on that branch for most of the "Around the World" segment and all of the "Push Hands". Somewhere during Around the World, she did fly off but relocated to another branch and sat there still again for the remainder. By herself. Ok, well, with me.

Toward the end of my practice, she flew off, made a circle around where I was standing, then returned to the tree in front of me. Like her own little closing ceremony.

I knew I'd found the right place to practice. I invited some gals I met at the instructor training in Tucson to join me on Sundays so hopefully they will be able to show up sometime. Sunday 9am. Kiwanis park. In case you forgot. ;) This next Sun. I will be out of town though.

So I went back again this weekend but someone was laying under my Hummingbird tree. No problem, I found another spot with actually a better view. I was right near the path of the walkers, joggers, fishermen, etc. so had to get over any self consciousness and just thought to myself "good, maybe they will get the Chi too" and kept right on. So, yup, toward the end of my practice, as I began to rotate in the Push Hands, there I saw him/her. A hummingbird flitting around up in the tree. If there is one or many or a total hummingbird tribe in that park is inconsequential to me. It's still my sign and my companion.

Today is Day 20. I feel good.


No comments: